Induction

Induction is a logical reasoning method that finds general rules from individual matters. For example, from the three instances “My mother likes Bae Yong-joon”, “My mother likes Lee Byung-hun”, and “My mother likes Jang Dong-gun”, you can conclude that “My mother likes Hallyu stars” or “My mother’s type is Korean men”.

Induction is also often used in mathematics. For example, it is used to prove that a certain property holds for the natural number n.

Often compared with induction is “deduction”. Deduction is a logical reasoning method that “derives specific instances from general rules”. Induction and deduction each play active roles in different scenes, but they have a close relationship.

That’s a basic explanation of induction. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the world of Bonsai!

Let’s learn how to prune bonsai

In bonsai terminology, "Ushiroeda" or "back branch"